Monday, July 6, 2009

It's a Tradition

I got my annual 4th of July burn. The worst part is though, that my daughters now seem to be following in my footsteps. Seriously, the sun was out for 5 minutes while we were in the pool at a friends house and we all got fried. Natalie's was cleared up mostly the next day, Gabby's is much better today, and mine is still flaming on. Will I ever learn? Probably not. We got some good excitement when one of their neighbors shot off some illegal fireworks and set the brush in the woods behind the friends house on fire. We grabbed a hose and hooked up some extra lines and had enough to stretch across their yard to spray it to keep it contained. We had to call the fire department to come make sure there were no hot spots left (which there actually were so it was good to call them).

Sunday was a nice day with visiting my parentals. They called and invited the girls and I up to their camp site for the day. Jeff got to play mechanic and help his brother change brakes so he didn't go. I took them to the lake to put their feet in and Natalie ended up losing her balance and falling all the way in. She had to ride home in a wet sundress and undies since I didn't pack extra clothes. Next weekend if we go visit, we'll bring a bag of extras along for everyone.

No comments: