Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Cage

So I am terribly perplexed on how to house the new creature. Right now she is in a 10 gal., which we know is not ideal. I did go to Petco and pick up a tank topper which gives her climbing space and and added level. The drawback to that is it only opens on the top so Gabby can't get her out on her own, and it makes food and watering very difficult.

Petsmart has a great cage on their website that I can get for $85 (or $75 if Google still offers $10 off to set up a new checkout account) but we don't have that extra money right now. The Petco one was $45.

Amazon has a topper for $21 but it just doesn't give enough details for my liking. I'm the kind of person who needs to know EVERYTHING before buying.

Ya know, another hammy would have been so much easier. Maybe I just need to find a way to make more money too, then I wouldn't be stressing like I am now. Doesn't help that Jeff is getting disgruntled with his job and doesn't think he'll get a raise since the company isn't making much money. He is also talking about going out on his own with 2 guys he works with and starting their own biz. That scares the living #%@! out of me because I thrive on consistency in knowing EXACTLY how much money is coming in each paycheck. I also worry about insurance too. Arrrrrgh, I hate when were in this predicament (yeah, this happens a couple times a year with him).

No comments: