Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I can't believe

that it's almost July. Wow, each day just seems to blend into the next and before I know it, it's almost time to flip the calendar.

The kids go batty being home some days but I can't justify driving somewhere just for boredoms sake. I'll be going through enough gas once school starts so I want to try to save up over the summer.

Grandma will *hopefully* be able to go back to assisted living this Friday, if not Monday. Happy days!! The rehab center is trying to say she needs to stay until July 22nd until the course of medication she is on is finished. She developed a digestive bug while there. Her assisted living center is working with us to get her out of the rehab place because we think they are intentionally lowing then raising her dose of this medicine. Chances are she is re-catching the bacteria when she goes down to the therapy room as well since we all know they do not sterilize the equipment after each patient. Assisted living said she could come back and finish the course of medicine while in her own room, even if she needs to be quarantined. She'll probably miss BINGO and a few activities for a few weeks but I think the fact that she'll be back *home* will more than make up for it.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Hope your grandma is feeling better soon!! It's so hard watching them missing out on stuff they want to do.

BTW - I'm tagging you over on my blog.