Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ever Wish?

Somtimes I really cannot be around my kids. Natalie knows just what buttons to push to get me riled up. I swear she thinks I am on this earth to follow behind her and clean up the messes in her wake. Believe me, there is plenty of mess wherever she goes. I'd LOVE to throw away all stuffed animals. I'm also thinking I shouldn't have any food in the house because she is such a little piglet and makes a mess of anything she eats. Yes, I know that this is what kids do, but some days I'm just sick of it and want to go on strike, but I won't because I can't stand to have a hugely messy/dirty home.

On a good note, Grandma should be able to get sprung from rehab very soon. She ended up with a secondary intestinal bacteria, which is common. She's now on some liquid medicine she gets 4x a day to clear it up and we have to scrub our hands when leaving her room. As soon as she tests negative she can go back to her assisted living. She is so relieved we have a light at the end of the tunnel. She did say the medicine is helping so I think she is feeling a little better too.

1 comment:

Karen Zemek, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

That's nice grandma is willing to be in assisted living. Hope she gets better soon so she can return.