Monday, February 18, 2008

More Snow, More Ice

Natalie had her 5th birthday on Saturday. I can't believe my baby is already 5. As much as I want her to stay little, I know I need to let her start spreading her wings and encourage her to be a bit more independent.

Sunday was an adventure in ice-capades. I took Gabby to a friends house to play and got stuck on their ice rink of a driveway. Their house sits back off a main road about 1/4 mile. Partway down the driveway I realized it was a big mistake, but it was too late by then. It took half an hour to get back out the driveway to the road. It was pure ice due to the crazy nasty weather we have here. They were putting newspapers, pizza boxes, and rugs under my van to try to get me a little traction to get out. FINALLY, as Jeff was on his way up to try to rescue me, I was able to get out. I definitely did not make that same mistake twice. When I went to pick her up later, I left my car parked on the side of the road at the end of their driveway with my flashers on. I pulled on my snow boots and hoofed it through the snowy yard to the house. I couldn't even walk on the drive it was so icy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad we don't have their driveway!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!!

Harmony said...

Yikes! That sounds like a good 'summer-time' friend. Hahaha