Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby

Well, it is December so it is no surprise that there is snow on the ground and it's cold. It sure would be nice of the city plows to spread a little magic sand on our street though. It's very pretty, if it were a pond instead of a road. Really the only effective way of getting up the street would be to put on skates. It is a nearly solid sheet of ice from the top of the hill to the bottom. I've taken to driving down the street in front of the house and going out that way to the main roads. It beats burning up my tires (which is what I did this morning trying to get home from taking kids to school). They have plowed one street up 3 times since it started snowing and raining, then freezing, but no other streets in our neighborhood. I just don't get that. If it was just snow I really wouldn't care because at least then there would be some traction to get up the hill. Now my days are filled with listening to cars spin their tires trying to get some momentum to get up to the main road.

No comments: